MORENO AT A GLANCE:
- Knowshon Moreno’s 6th season in the NFL is with the Miami Dolphins.
- Selected by the Broncos in the first round (12th overall) of the 2009 NFL Draft. Played for the Denver Broncos from 2009-2013.
- A two-time first-team All-Southeastern Conference running back whose 2,734 career rushing yards in two seasons at the University of Georgia ranked first in the SEC, sixth in the nation and second among the country’s underclassmen during that time.
- Averaged 105.2 rushing yards per game at Georgia and joined Herschel Walker (1980-82) as the only Bulldogs in school history to post 1,000 rushing yards in consecutive seasons.
- Finished his career at Georgia ranked third in school history in career 100-yard rushing games (13), fourth in both career rushing yards (2,734) and rushing touchdowns (30), and seventh in career yards per rush (5.5).
- Received several All-America honors and was a finalist for the Doak Walker Award (nation’s best running back) as a redshirt sophomore for the Bulldogs in 2008, totaling 1,400 rushing yards (5.6 avg., 16 TDs) that led the SEC and ranked 11th in the nation.
- Registered at least 100 rushing yards in five consecutive games for Georgia as a redshirt freshman in 2007 and started the Bulldogs’ final six games that season, finishing the year with 1,334 rushing yards (5.3 avg., 14 TDs) to earn SEC Freshman of the Year honors.
- Ended his career at Middletown South High School in Middletown, N.J., ranked first in New Jersey history in career touchdowns (128) and second in career rushing yards (6,268).